Wisconsin University College
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: PRIVATE
The establishment of the University College was initiated and facilitated by Dr. John Buuck, President of Wisconsin International University (WIU) in the United States of America and Rev. Dr. Paul K. Fynn of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana in 1998. It received its Interim Accreditation in January 2000 under the name University College of Wisconsin International University – Ghana (UCWIU-Gh). It was thus one of the first private universities to receive accreditation. It began its operations in August 2000 under Rev. David Asante Dartey as the Director and Togbe Kwao Anipati IV as Dean of Academic Studies with nine International MBA students, the first MBA programme to be run by a Private University in Ghana.
Established as a Limited Liability Company, Wisconsin International University College, Ghana (WIUC-Gh) has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and is affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon and the university of Cape Coast and recently to Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
- Official Website: www.wiuc-ghana.edu.gh
- Chairman of University Council: Justice I. D. Duose
- Board of Directors Chairman: Dr. Emmanuel Owusu
- Vice Chancellor: Dr. Carlos Arrow
- Registrar: Mr. Frank Yeboah
- Campuses: North Legon & Kanda
The below are the courses currently on offer under the various Schools, Faculties and Departments:
Wisconsin Business School
- Department of General Business Studies
- BA Business Studies, General Business
- Department of Management Studies
- BA Business Studies, Human Resource Management
- BA Business Studies, Marketing
- Department of Accounting, Finance and Banking
- BA Business Studies, Banking & Finance
- BA Business Studies, Accounting
- BSc Accounting
School of Computing and Information Technology
- Department of Business Computing
- BA Computer Science & Management
- BSc Management & Computer Studies
- Department of Information Technology
- BSc Information Technology
- Diploma in IT
School of Nursing
- BSc. Nursing
Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Language, Arts and Communication Studies
- BA Communication Studies
- Department of Social Sciences
- BA Rural Development & Ecotourism
- BSc Economics
Master of Business Administration (MBA)-(Saturday only & Evenings)
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Management Information Systems
MSc Environmental Sustainability & Management
M.A Adult Education
- Rural & Community Development
- Human Resource Development
- A. Global Leadership, Azusa Pacific University, CA, U.S.A.
- MA International Studies (MAIS) Concordia University Irvine, CA, USA
PROFESSIONAL AND CERTIFICATE COURSES
- Certificate in Business Studies,
- Certificate in Mgt. & Computer Studies etc.
- Short courses – (Saturday only)
- Security Management, Forensics & Investigative Psychology
- Paralegal Studies
MANAGEMENT SKILLS DEVELOPMENT & ADVISORY CENTRE (MSDAC)
- Project Management
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Port Management/Marketing
- Facilities Management
- Auditing Control & Risk Assessment
- Construction Management
- Project Finance Analysis for Infrastructure
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Front Office Management
- Chartered Institute of IT Courses
GENERAL (UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES)
a)WASSCE & SSSCE
Candidates must have six credits (A1-C6) in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science (Biology or Agricultural Science for Nigerian applicants) or Social Studies, and three elective subjects, making an aggregate of no more than 36. For SSSCE, candidates must have six credits (A-D) in the three Core Subjects and three electives, making an aggregate of no more than 24.
Candidates must be at least 25 years old and must write and pass an entrance examination in English, Mathematics, IT and General Business. They may also be required to attend an interview.
Applicants with GCE, ICGSE, GBCE, ABCE, Baccalaureate, Professional Courses (ICA, ACCA, CIM etc) and HND, among others may contact us for levels of placement.
For more information, call +233 (0) 302 504 391/399 + 233 (0) 54 853 383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BACHELOR OF LAW (LL.B PROGRAMME)
Applicants of this category must be holders of:
a)WASSCE with grade C6 or better in three (3) Core Subjects (English, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Agricultural Science or Biology), plus three Elective Subjects.
SSCE with credit passes or better (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising Mathematics, English, Science and three (3) other subjects.
HND holders with a Second Class Lower or better together with six (6) credits or better in WASSCE, comprising thee (3) Core Subjects (English, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Agricultural Science or Biology) and three Elective Subjects.
Mature candidates must be 25 years or above to be eligible and must have relevant background and experience in related subject areas.
- b) 3 –YEAR LLB. PROGRAMME
Applicants for the 3-year programme must be holders of a first degree in a non- law discipline in a recognised University with a Second Class Lower or better to be eligible to apply.
Holders of HND and other Professional Qualifications may contact us by our address.
NB: There will be access course for mature students and English proficiency course for Francophone Students at the main and City Campuses. Applicants should contact the Registrar’s office for more details.
a)WASSCE & SSSCE APPLICANTS
The University admits students with West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination
(SSSCE) with at least credits in six courses (C6) in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects in Science,
General Arts or Home Economics subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 or better for SSSCE holders and 36 or better for WASSCE holders. Senior Secondary
School applicants will enter the programme at level 100.
Mature applicants include:
- DIPLOMA HOLDERS
- Holders of a Diploma in Nursing from recognised institutions with a minimum GPA of 2.50 and a pass in the licensure
examination conducted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana will be admitted to level 300.
- Applicants age must be 25 years and above.
- A selection of examination and interview will be administered or offered.
- OTHER MATURE CANDIDATES
- Professional nurses with Diploma in Nursing Education/Administration with a minimum of B+ average (will enter at level 200).
- State Registered Nurses (enter the programme in the second year).
- Health Care Assistants, Community, or Enrolled Nurse (enter the programme at level 100).
- Mature applicants (non-nursing professionals) must have the minimum application requirement.
Check HERE to access more details on School Fees
The Wisconsin International University Hostel Ltd has three (3) hostels namely Four-Storey,
Annex and Annex A.
The Four-Storey Hostel has 46 (Forty Six) rooms with well-equipped state of the art air-conditioners,
Water heaters, separate and common kitchen areas, Junior Common Rooms, 24-hour security,
Stand-by generator, wireless internet, restaurant, mini-mart, copy Centre and well trained and
friendly staff. The hostel also provides shuttle services for students to and from the Hostel and University Campus.
The four-storey hostel is approximately 700meters away from the university campus . Click Here for Photos.
The Annex Hostel has seven (7) bedrooms with a very vast land and horticultural works. The
Hostel seeks to provide a serene learning atmosphere for it cherished customers (students) and
some sporting facilities to enhance their stay. This hostel is Located 400 meters away from the
University campus. Click Here for Photos.
The Annex A hostel has nine (9) bedrooms with a very vast land and horticultural works. These are well
furnished rooms with Wardrobes, Students beds, Mattresses, Pillows, Study Desk & Chairs. The hostel
also seeks to provide a serene learning atmosphere for it cherished customers (students). This Hostel is
located within the university campus. Click Here for Photos.
- No. 23 Akoto Bamfo Street, off Agbogba Road, North Legon, Accra.
- Postal Address: Box LG 751, Legon.
- Telephone: 0302-504391
- Telephone: 0302-504399
- Telephone: 0544-853383
- FAX: 0302- 501491