- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: TECHNICAL UNIVERSITIES
The Wa Polytechnic, which was the last of the ten regional polytechnics in Ghana, was officially established in September 1999. However, it was not until 2002 that the Interim Governing Council was appointed by Government to provide policy direction to the Polytechnic. The first batch of tertiary students was admitted in 2003 to pursue HND programmes in Agricultural Engineering and Secretaryship and Management Studies.
- Official Website: http://wapoly.edu.gh
- Registrar: Ambrose D. Banaaleh
- Dean of Students: Dr. Hamidatu S Darimani
- Campuses: Wa
- School of Applied Art, Design And General Studies
- School of Applied Science and Technology
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- HND AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- HND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- HND CIVIL ENGINEERING
- HND INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
- HND BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- HND ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- HND DISPENSING TECHNOLOGY
- HND INDUSTRIAL ART
- HND SECRETARYSHIP AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
- HND ACCOUNTANCY STUDIES
- DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (DBS)
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR HND PROGRAMMES
- DIRECT ENTRY
Passes in three core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies) plus credit passes in three (3) relevant elective subjects.
For SSSCE Candidates: Passes (A—D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English and Mathematics, and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
For WASSCE Candidates: Passes (A1—D7) in three (3) core subjects, including English and Mathematics, and Credit passes (A1-C6) in three (3) relevant elective subjects.
The aggregate of the six subjects (i.e. three (3) core and three (3) electives) should not exceed aggregate thirty-nine (39) for WASSCE and aggregate 24 for SSSCE.
Candidates with a combination of the two grading systems will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
RSA Stage III/ ABCE Holders: Passes in two (2) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be a Grade D or better). Also the applicant must have had credit passes in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the GBCE (old programme).
GBCE HOLDERS (New programme): Applicants must have passes (A-D) in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) plus passes (A-D) in three (3) relevant elective subjects. The aggregate of the six subjects should not be more than twenty-four (24).
DBS Holders: DBS Holders’ applicants must hold at least five (5) DBS passes for Secretarial Option, or four (4) DBS passes for Accounting Option. Applicants must also hold four (4) WASSCE passes (A1-D7) or four (4) SSSCE passes (A-D) including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old and have three (3) years professional practice in the relevant study area ii. Applicants must pass an Entrance Examinations to be conducted by the Polytechnic in English Language and Mathematics.
iii. In lieu of such examinations, the applicants should have credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognised standard High School level examinations.
IN ALL CASES, APPLICANTS MUST ALSO SATISFY DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS.
APPLICANTS SHALL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR RESULTS FOR VERIFICATION WITH THE RELEVANT EXAMINATION BODY.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- O. Box 553, Wa-Upper West Region