University of Health and Allied Sciences
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: PUBLIC
The University of Health and Allied Sciences was established by an Act of Parliament (ACT 828 of December 2011) as a public university in Ghana. The main campus including the central administration is in Ho. A second campus is located in Hohoe.
The late President J.E.A Mills inaugurated a seven-member Interim Council on February 7, 2012 under Section 40 (Transitional Provisions) of the University of Health and Allied Sciences Act, 2011, Act 828 to oversee the running of the University for “a period not exceeding two years”. He also mandated the interim council to ensure that the university admitted its pioneer students by September 2012.
The Interim Council appointed Professor Fred Newton Binka, Dean of the School of Public Health, University of Ghana, as foundation Vice-Chancellor.
- Official Website: www.uhas.edu.gh
- Chairman of University Council: Prof. Kofi Anyidoho
- Vice Chancellor: Prof. John Owusu Gyapong
- Pro-Vice Chancellor: Prof. Theophilus Christian Fleischer
- Registrar: Dr. Cynthia Sena Kpeglo
- SRC President: Daniel Sarfo
- Campuses: Ho & Hohoe
School of Basic and Biomedical Sciences
School of Allied Health Sciences
The School of Allied Health Sciences (SAHS) consists of the following Departments:
- Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Department of Radiologic Sciences
- Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
- Department of Health Administration
School of Nursing and Midwifery
School of Public Health
The School of Public Health is currently organized into four departments:
- Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Department of Family and Community Health.
- Department of Health Policy, Planning and Management.
- Department of Population and Behavioural Sciences.
School of Medicine
The School of Medicine runs two main programmes namely
- MB ChB (Medical Degree)
- Bachelor of Physician Assistantship (Clinical).
The MB ChB (Medical Degree) is a six year programme whiles the Bachelor of Physician Assistantship is a four year programme.
School of Pharmacy
School of Dentistry
- BSc in Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- BSc Medicinal and Natural Product Chemistry (Under Development)
Certificate/Diploma (under development)
- Emergency Medicine and Ambulatory Care
- Bioinstrumentation (In Collaboration with the Ho Polytechnic)
Postgraduate (under development)
- MSc/PhD in Biomedical Science with specialties in
- Molecular Microbiology and Infection Biology
- Bioinformatics and Diagnostic Technologies
- Translational & Entrepreneurial Science
Click HERE to read about the fees Schdule
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
Click HERE to read about the Undergraduate Entry Requirements
Click HERE to download about the University Handbook
- Address: University of Health and Allied Sciences
- PMB 31
- City: HO
- State: Volta Region
- Country: Ghana
- Phone: +233 (0) 362 196122 || +233 245125359 || +233 501132329
- @ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/uhasGhana