Maranatha University College
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: PRIVATE
Maranatha University College (MUC) began life as Maranatha Bible College (MBC) in 1972 through the vision of two men. Its creation was dreamed up by Mr. William Ofori Atta, a Christian lawyer and Statesman, and Rev. John Bergen, a veteran member of the Sudan Interior Mission (SIM now Serving In Missions, Ghana, a Missionary Organization).
Maranatha University College was to bring into being, an institution of excellence that would champion innovative tertiary education with Spiritual conviction. The Spiritual consciousness is to be characterized by Integrity, Scholarship and Competence. The three virtues have been the hallmarks of training that Maranatha University College offers since its establishment and our alumni the world over are our proof.
- Official Website: http://maranathauniversity.org
- Chairman of University Council: Justice B. T Aryeetey
- President: Rev. Dr. Simon K. Degbe
- Vice President- Research and Institutional Advancement: Dr. Laud Brown
- Registrar- Academics, Affiliations and Accreditation: Rev. George Wee
- Ag. Registrar- Administration and HRM: Mr. Alfred Henry Brown
- Campuses: Sowutuom, Accra
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSc. Administration):
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Guidance And Counseling
- Theological Studies
- N.D Dispensing Technology
FEES STRUCTURE FOR 2015/2016 ACADEMIC YEAR
|Guidance And Counseling|
NOTE: All fees are subject to review every Academic year.
Maranatha University College offers a standard four-year Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.Sc.) programme. However, students may be admitted directly to the Second Year (Level 200) or Third Year (Level 300) depending on the assessment and recognition of their prior learning.
Four year Bachelor’s Programme:
- SSCE Certificate Holders: Applicants must have six (6) SSSCE credit passes (A-D) including Core English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Certificate Holders: Applicants must have six (6) WASSCE credit passes (A1-C6) including Core English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- GBCE Certificate Holders: Credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- DBS Candidates: Five (5) WASSCE credit passes (A1 – C6) or Five (5) credit passes (A – D) including English Language and Mathematics plus the DBS qualification.
Three Year Bachelor’s Programme:
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates: Passes in three (3) subjects (at least one of the passes should be grade D or better). Also the applicant must have had credit passes (grade 6) in five (5) GCE “O” level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-Science students) and an Art subject (for Science students).
- ABCE Certificate Candidates: Applicants must have Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the GBCE or SSSCE or WASSCE.
Two Year Post-Diploma Programme:
- HND Candidates: Applicants must have obtained at least a second-class lower division in the relevant area, such as, Accountancy, Secretarial, Management Studies, Marketing. In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year post HND qualification working experience.
Mature Students’ Entry Requirements
The applicant must:
- Be at least 25 years old;
- Show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application
- Pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations (English Language, Mathematics and General Paper), vetted by University of Cape Coast. In lieu of such examinations, the applicant is required to show proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside WAEC’s aegis).
All foreign qualifications shall be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission. The American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications.
Professional and other Entry Qualifications
All professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above shall be referred to NAB for the establishment of their equivalencies, to determine their eligibility for admission.
MUC admissions procedure is done in either of the two (2) ways. Follow the directives below in applying for admissions to Maranatha University College.
- Click on the“Apply Now” link on the website and follow the steps provided.
Submission of completed application form
- Applicants using the online process can submit their forms on the internet through the link“Apply Now” after filling out all the required pages and uploading of the relevant documents.
- Application forms can also be personally submitted at the front desk of the university college at Sowutuom, Accra.
- Applicants can post a completed application form to
The Registrar-Academic, Accreditation and Affiliation
Maranatha University College
- O Box 10320
Ghanaian applicants = GHC 75.00
Non-Ghanaian = $50.00
For further clarifications contact us on 0302-417581 or muc.edu.gh@gmail
Maranatha University College, Sowutuom
P.O. Box AN 10320, Accra-North