Kumasi Technical University
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: TECHNICAL UNIVERSITIES
Kumasi Technical University was established in 1954 as Kumasi Technical Institute (K. T. I. ) to offer craft courses. In 1963, the Institute was converted to a non-tertiary Polytechnic status under the Ghana Education Service to start offering, in addition, technician diploma and sub- professional courses.
The Polytechnic Law, 1992 (PNDC L.321) elevated the Polytechnic to a tertiary institution to provide high calibre skilled manpower with reference to manufacturing, commerce, science and technology to act as a catalyst for technological development. As a Polytechnic it was one of the famous, elegant and vibrant Polytechnics in Ghana.
The Technical University Act 2016, (Act 922) converted Kumasi Polytechnic to the present Kumasi Technical University with the aim of providing higher education in engineering, applied arts, science technology based disciplines, technical and vocational training.
It is a spectacularly beautiful institution, which is located at the heart of the Garden city of West Africa, the capital city of the Ashanti Region of Ghana (Kumasi). It has within the period of its existence become an important centre for the training not only for Ghana but also for other African countries.
- Official Website: www.kstu.edu.gh
- Pro-Vice Chancellor: Prof. Asiama Yeboah
- Registrar: Abraham Annan Adjei
- Campuses: Kumasi
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
- Department of Accountancy and Accounting Information Systems
- Department of Banking Technology and Finance
- Department of Liberal Studies
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
FACULTY OF BUILT AND NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
- Department of Building Technology
- Department of Estate Management
- Department of Interior Architecture and Furniture Production
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
- Department of Information Science
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
FACULTY OF CREATIVE ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Fashion Design and Textiles
- Department of Graphic Design
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Department of Laboratory Technology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR HND PROGRAMMES
- SSSCE Applicants
- Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the elective subjects relevant o the area of specialization.
ABCE/ ‘O’&’A’ Level Applicants
Five (5) ABCE credits or five (5) GCE Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) GCE ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes.
Technical School Applicants (Certificate II)
Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
- Mature Applicants
Mature Candidates must:
- Be 25 years old and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Have at least two (2) years working experience (letter from the employer is required).
- Pass a written examination conducted by the University.
- Mature applicants applying for HND Dispensing Technology/Medical Laboratory Technology/Science and Industrial Laboratory Technology should have relative hospital/industrial experience with ‘O’ Level/WASSCE/SSSCE pure science background (Chemistry and Biology) as well as credits in English and Mathematics (core) .
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR PART-TIME PROGRAMMES
Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English Language and Mathematics.
Entry Requirements for Technician Part II
Four (4) passes Technician Part I
HOW TO APPLY
A card with an application code and admission requirement Brochure can be obtained from the following places.
Kumasi Technical University Cash office, All Regional Post Offices, All Zenith Bank Branches, All Ecobank Branches, All UBA Branches, GT Bank, All HFC Bank Branches, Technical Examinations Unit, Accra next to Kimbu Senior High Technical School.
Payment for the Application should be by Bank Draft payable to The Ag. Vice Chancellor, Kumasi Technical University.
All applicants are required to apply online (https://apply.kstu.edu.gh). They are also required to download and print completed online application form and attach two (2)
passport pictures, two (2) photocopies of relevant documents/certificates and payment voucher to be submitted to the address
The Acting Registrar
Kumasi Technical University
Post Office Box 854
- Location: Kumasi – Ashanti Region, Ghana, W/A Postal
- Address: P. O. Box 854, Kumasi Fax: +233 (0)3220-22387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +233 (0)3220-22387, +233 (0)3220-22388