Ho Technical University
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: TECHNICAL UNIVERSITIES
The origin of the Ho Technical University goes back to 1968. It was established as a Technical Institute with the primary objective of providing pre-technical education. By 1972, the institute had made tremendous progress in upgrading of the courses offered. Consequently, the pre-technical programmes gave way to courses in the Engineering and Vocational fields, e.g. Basic Engineering, Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering, Building Technology and Business Education.
In 1986, the Institute became a Polytechnic. It, however, continued to operate as second cycle institution, until 1993 when the Polytechnic was upgraded to a fully-fledged tertiary institution by the enactment of PNDC Law 321 and charged with the responsibility of training students in the technical and vocational skills to the Higher National Diploma [HND] level. Subsequently, in 2007, Polytechnics were given the mandate by the Polytechnics Act 745 to award their own degrees to the highest level.
Since then, the Polytechnic has been running programmes from non-tertiary level to the bachelor degree level. This year, the Polytechnic has been given the permit to run Masters in Agricultural Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Official Website: http://htu.edu.gh
- Chairman of University Council: Prof. Mawutor Avoke
- Vice Chancellor: Prof. Emmanuel K. Sakyi
- Pro Vice Chancellor: Dr. Ben Honyenuga
- Registrar: Dr. C.K. Amehoe
- Campuses: Ho
TOP-UP BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (B-Tech) PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management (Regular and Weekend options)
- Bachelor of Technology, Automobile Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Agricultural Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND Agricultural Engineering (Regular)
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Production options)(Regular)
- HND Building Technology(Regular)
- HND Civil Engineering(Regular)
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering(Regular)
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management(Regular and Weekend)
- HND Food Technology (Regular)
- HND Event Management (Regular)
- HND Statistics (Regular)
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development(Regular)
- HND Computer Science(Regular)
- HND Information Communication Technology (Regular and Weekend)
BUSINESS AND HUMANITIES PROGRAMMES
- HND Accountancy(Regular and Weekend)
- HND Marketing (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies (Regular)
- HND Banking and Finance (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Purchasing and Supply (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Industrial Art (options: Graphic Design, Ceramics, Painting, Textiles, and Sculpture)(Regular)
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles(Regular and Weekend options
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR TOP-UP B-TECH AND HND PROGRAMMES
- BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- Any other equivalent qualification
- Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience.
- HND PROGRAMMES
- SSSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics: and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialisation
- WASSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialisation.
- DBS HOLDERS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
- ABCE/’O’&’A’ LEVEL HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits of five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- GBCE HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
- TECHNICIAN PART II/III HOLDERS
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
- TECHNICAL SCHOOL (CERTIFICATE II) HOLDERS
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
- MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant
- And/or pass an interview.
Guide on Admission available HERE
Click HERE to apply to Ho Technical University
Information on HTU’s fees available HERE
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +233 – 036 202 6456/+233 – 036 202 8398
- Address: Ho Technical University
- P.O. Box HP 217, Ho Volta Region – Ghana