Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTIONS
GAFCSC as a Center of Excellence, aims at enhancing the leadership, analytical and communication skills of selected middle and senior level officers and civilians to perform command, staff and leadership functions, through research and active development of a broad understanding and knowledge of military operations as well as management of the wider aspects of Defence and Governance.
MISSION: To train selected middle level officers of the Ghana Armed Forces, other security services, and qualified civilians as well as officers of friendly Armed Forces, for middle level policy, command, staff and leadership functions in joint, combined and multi-agency operations. To provide higher engagements, within the national and international environment.
- Official Website: http://gafcscmil.edu.gh/
- Commandant: Rear Admiral Seth Amoama
- Deputy Commandant: Brigadier General Boimeh Augustine Komla
- Assistant Commandant: Brigadier Irvin Nii-Ayitey Aryeetey
- Director of Academic Affairs: Dr Vladimir Antwi-Danso
- Campus: Teshie, Accra
Junior Course: Read Info HERE
Senior Course: Read Info HERE
Graduate Course: Read Info HERE
International Program: Read Info HERE
STEPS AND PROCEDURES FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
All students should please follow the steps below to Register Online.
STEP I: How to Get to the Admission Page.
- Visit the official website of the College, www.gafcscmil.edu.gh
- On top of the website is ADMISSIONS located on the main Menu. Place your cursor on it and click on ONLINE REGISTRATION (PSC, JSC , ACA). or
- Go straight to the Online Registration Portal through admission.gafcscmil.edu.gh.
STEP II: How to Log In and Register
- Type in your Application Number, eg.ACA5C1234567 and your PIN Number, eg.954678Y2 and click on APPLY NOW.
- Fill in the form at Step 1 when you Log In, and then Click on Save and Continue. Do the same for Step 2,3 & 4.
NOTE: It is compulsory to fill in the options with an asterisk (*) beside it or else you cannot continue to the next step.
STEP III: How to Save and Print your Form.
- Click on View Completed Application Form below the page.
- Your registration is saved and complete if you are able to view the SUMMARY OF YOUR
STEP IV: Print Form to show proof of Registration.
STUDENTS WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR REGISTRATION SHOULD SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
The basic requirements for admission are adequate preparation for successful graduate study, and suitability of applicant’s academic and career objectives to the specific program. A non-refundable application fee is required of all applicants.
The Academic Division evaluates applications for admission with specific assessment of official transcripts of previous academic qualifications, certificates, letters of recommendation and the applicant’s “Statement of Purpose”.
The other major factors considered by the graduate admissions committee are the applicant’s:
- Previous academic performance; a good Bachelor’s Degree (second class lower or better) or equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution/body.
- Academic preparation for the graduate curriculum;
- Intellectual capacity;
- Motivation and maturity; and
- Specific areas of academic interest.
A non-refundable application fee is required from all applicants. Applications cannot be processed until the application fee has been received. The application fee is devoted to the administrative cost of processing all applications received and is non-refundable under any circumstances. A non-refundable application fee may be paid by cheque, money order or cash. The cheque, money order or cash should be made payable to GAFCSC Account (provided by the institution) and the pay-in-slip should be submitted to the Academic Division. Also, cash can be paid directly to the office of the Financial Controller of the College. Applicant’s name and application number should be printed on the check or money order.
One original or certified official transcript of all previous post-secondary academic work must be submitted. Transcripts should be sent directly to the academic Registry by the Registrar of the issuing Institution or by the applicant. When students have final work in progress at the time of the application, a final official transcript covering that work and certifying the award of any degree must be received before the student is officially enrolled. In such situations, the student is admitted provisionally, pending receipt of official transcripts reflecting award of the bachelor’s degree.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation, preferably from Departmental Heads or professors in the proposed field of study, are required.
Statement of Purpose
The Statement of Purpose provides important guidance to the graduate admissions committee in their decision-making process. It is important for assessing whether the applicant’s academic objectives can reasonably be satisfied in the graduate program to which admission is sought.
Address: Otu Barracks, Teshie, Accra
Phone: 233-302- 719661