Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: PRIVATE
The Catholic Institute of Business and Technology is a tertiary institution established under the auspices of the Catholic Archdiocese of Accra in 2007. CIBT is accredited by the National Accreditation Board and Affiliated to the University of Ghana. Our first batch of graduates completed their studies at the end of the 2011/2012 academic year. There is something special about CIBT. It is located in the centre of Accra and is compact and not too large. Therefore we are able to maintain a friendly campus community and no student is missing in the crowd.
Students are equipped with the necessary resources to help them respond effectively as leaders in Business, professional and civic life. Being a Catholic Institution CIBT creates a stimulating Christian atmosphere to maintain a Catholic identity but at the same time it embraces all faith traditions. Students have the possibility to choose professional and civic life.
- Official Website: http://www.cibtghana.net/
- Campuses: Accra
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration: Local Government, Public Administration, and Procurement and Chain Supply Management.
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies: Religious Studies and Church Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Public Administration
- Religious Studies and Church Administration
- The Business and Faith Development Centre
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the following process or locations
- CIBT Administration Block now located at former Catholic Social Advance Institute building, behind Ministry of Information and Adjacent to the GNAT Hall, Adabraka – Accra.
- Christ the King Parish Office (Opposite Golden Jubilee House), Accra
- Holy Spirit Cathedral, Archdiocesan Bursar’s Office, Accra
- Good Shepherd Parish, Community 2, Tema
- St. Joseph the Worker Parish, Community 8 Tema
Application forms can also be obtained through the following process
- Download and complete the application form (Click Here)
- Pay processing fee at any UBA branch nationwide into the Account Number: 00106750901503
- Wait for application feedback
Degree Programme forms cost GHc50.00
Completed application forms for the degree programme, addressed to The Registrar,
- should be mailed to :
The Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
P.O. Box AN 5248, Accra – North
- Or delivered by hand to The Admissions Officer at the Administration Block of CIBT, Adabraka – Accra
SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate holders
An aggregate score of 24 or better in both the core and elective subjects.
Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificate Holders
The following qualifications are also acceptable for admission to degree programmes in the Department of Business Administration at the Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
- Diplomas from a recognized university
- Post-Secondary Teacher Training College certificate from a recognized institution
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Matured Students
Candidates applying as Mature Students must be at least twenty five (25) years at least two (2) years� working experience and/or evidence of any other educational upgrading. Note that all matured students will be invited for an interview.
The following policies and procedures are applicable to all students who officially register for programmes at CIBT. The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice to the student. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
The tuition fees for the 2014/2015 Academic Year is:
First Semester, Fresh Students
- Ghanaian – GH¢ 1,540.00
- Foreign – US$ 1,087.50
- Ghanaian – GH¢ 1,485.00
- Foreign – US$ 1,050.00
- All Ghanaian Students – GH¢ 1,200.00
- All Foreign Students – US$ 900.00
Forms of Payment
CIBT disclaims any liability for cash that is sent through the mail. The Institute will urge all students to pay their tuition fees and other charges directly into the account of the Institute. The Institute’s account number is 0106750901503 of UBA Bank, Heritage Towers Branch.
The issuance of all refunds is contingent upon deduction of all indebtedness due to the Institute. Students who pay fees in advance, register and officially withdraw from the Institute may be refunded fully if written notification of the official withdrawal is received by the Registrar on or before 14th class day.
The fees are not refundable for official withdrawals occurring after the 14th class day.
- +233 0307033547
- P.O. Box AN 5248, Accra North, Ghana
- Behind Ministry of Information, Adjacent GNAT Building/Teachers Hall, Adabraka – Accra