- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: PRIVATE
Over more than a decade, Ashesi has established a reputation as a leader in undergraduate education in Africa, with an educational experience that fosters ethical leadership, an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to solve complex problems. These qualities are what set Ashesi students and alumni apart. Across various industries today, Ashesi graduates are highly sought, and over 90% have stayed to work for progress in Africa.
At the heart of the Ashesi experience is our liberal arts and sciences curriculum, and our campus culture. Ashesi students come from 18 African countries to learn, live and innovate together; half are on scholarships, and 48% are women. On campus, these students join with faculty and Ashesi leadership to engage in discussion, civic action and connection with each other—under a shared mission to transform the African continent.
- Official Website: www.ashesi.edu.gh
- Chairman of University Board: Charles Cofie
- Founder & President: Patrick Awuah
- Director of Admissions and Financial Aid: Araba Botchway
- Provost: Suzanne Buchele
- Dean of Engineering: Fred McBagonluri
- SRC President: Michael Kwabena Amponsah
- Campus: Berekuso
- BSc Business Administration
- BSc Management Information Systems
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc Computer Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
Fees and Scholarships
Ashesi’s academic year consist of two semesters. The first semester of every academic year begins late August to December, and the second semester runs from January to May. For the 2016/2017 academic year, tuition fees are $3,758 per semester, which also covers textbooks. Students who do not already have medical insurance, will be required to sign on for one upon enrolment into Ashesi.
|Medical insurance (not required with proof of other medical insurance)||$240||$240
|On-campus housing (optional)||$895||$1,163|
In addition to the above expenses, we recommend that students budget an additional minimum of $300 per semester to cover personal expenses and incidentals.
Ashesi has very flexible payment plans for families who cannot pay fees in full at the start of the semester. Families have the option of making payments twice a semester or four times a semester. Families who pay full tuition fees before the due date for each semester, will receive discount.
|Early Payment Discount||3.5%|
|Additional Charge for Paying in Two Instalments||3% fee|
|Additional Charge for Paying in four instalments||6% fee|
Scholarships at Ashesi
We are committed to granting equal opportunities to students who qualify to attend Ashesi, regardless of their financial resources. Thanks to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Ashesi, and grants from generous individuals and organisations, Ashesi is awarding significant need-based financial support to qualified students. Students who win scholarships will be eligible for full or partial financial support to cover their tuition fees, text books, housing, and meals. Do note that scholarships are awarded to students prior to their enrolment into Ashesi. We only offer highly limited financial aid to students already enrolled.
Study Abroad Fees
(For students applying independently to study abroad at Ashesi)
All fees are subject to review each semester, and semester expenses may vary.
Scholarship awards vary depending on proven need, leadership and academic potential, and availability of funds.
Entry Requirements for Admissions
We are committed to excellence and therefore recruit the best and brightest students through a very competitive application process. Though we place an emphasis on academic merit, our admissions process also focuses on factors such as leadership potential, extracurricular activities, communication skills and writing proficiency.
- Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level and at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate(IB) Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana
(Please note that all certificates and results slips other than the WASSCE must be referred to the National Accreditation Board for verification, evaluation and to determine their eligibility for admission into Ashesi.)
In addition to meeting the requirements described for Ghanaian nationals, applications from International students must meet the following requirements:
- Certified Translation: Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international applicants in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): International students for who English was not a language of instruction must submit a TOEFL score. The minimum passing grade required is 80 for the Internet Based Test (iBT).
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE): Three core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science, and three elective subjects including Elective Mathematics and Physics, with a C6 or better in each of them.
- A-Level: Three A-Level passes (A-D) including Mathematics and Physics, and six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required for admission to Ashesi. A grade of D or better in Further Mathematics instead of Mathematics is also acceptable for entry as a prospective engineering major.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: For prospective engineering students, Mathematics SL with a 5 or better, or Mathematics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry mathematics requirement; similarly, Physics SL with a 5 or better, or Physics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry physics requirement. However, Mathematics HL and Physics HL are expected to be a competitive engineering applicant.
All students that transfer into Ashesi must begin as first year students. Ashesi currently does not accept transfers into the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of our academic program.
In order to secure admission, transfer candidates must provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that Ashesi has received an official transcript from each institution attended in order to complete your application.