Accra Institute of Technology
- Posted by: collegeghana
- Category: PRIVATE
The Accra Institute of Technology (AIT) is an independent technology-focused university accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana.
Our mission is to become a cradle of excellence in education, training and research through providing leadership in the educational and the technological world by carefully selecting students of character, integrity, determination and motivation, and choosing individuals of outstanding character, commitment, ability and vision to serve as trustees, officers and faculty.
We by this mission are committed to pursuing those areas of teaching, training, research and scholarship that would most help to develop the individual, and promote knowledge, excellence, and industry in the service to humanity.
AIT, in the pursuance of its “cradle of excellence mission”, prides itself on its motto: service to humanity, leadership and success in scholarship.
- Official Website: www.ait.edu.gh
- Chairman of University Trustee: Prof. Francis K.A Allotey
- President: Professor Clement Dzidonu
- Vice President: Prof. Paa-Bekoe Welbeck
- Campuses: Kasoa & Accra
School Of Advanced Technologies, Engineering and Science (SATES)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Computer Engineering (CE)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Civil Engineering (CVE)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Electromechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Telecommunications Engineering
Advanced School of Systems and Data Studies (ASSDAS)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Information Technology (IT) (Network Systems)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science (CS)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Information Technology (IT) (Web Dev. & Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Information Technology (IT) (Multimedia Systems)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Information Technology (IT) (E-Commerce)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Information Technology (IT) (Software Development)
School of Business
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business Administration (Accounting and Finance)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)in Business Administration (E-Commerce)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Human Resource Management and Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Banking and Finance and Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Marketing and Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Entrepreneurship and Information Technology
MASTERS (Open University)
- Master of Engineering (Research Only)
- Master of Environmental Science
- Master of Occupational Safety & Risk Management
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Software Engineering
- Master of Multimedia Communications
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Management
- MSc in Business Administration (Research Only)
- Master of Project Management
- Master in Human Resource Management
- Master of Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Education
- MSc (Science)
PhD Programs (Open University)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering)
- PhD (Information Technology)
- PhD (Business Administration)
- PhD (Education)
Bachelors Degree Entry Requirement
- Senior Secondary/High School Certificate Examination (SS/HSCE) or West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE) or equivalent With an aggregate score of 24 or better in six subjects including passes in: Three Core Subjects (including Core English, and Core Mathematics) plus Three Electives.
For Engineering or Computer Science Programs, the Three electives should include Elective Mathematics and Elective Science (Physics, plus Chemistry or Biology).
OR any one or more of the following qualifications:
- Two (2) GCE Advanced Level passes in Science and five GCE Ordinary Level credits in Science. Two (2) of the GCE Ordinary Level credits should be English and Mathematics.
- Other recognised local and international diplomas and certificates (including City and Guilds) deemed equivalent to (i) or (ii) of the above will be considered on merit.
- Holders of AIT’s CTech/DTech qualifications in a subject area relevant to the program the candidate is applying for. Candidates must meet the minimum score and other requirements that will be stipulated from time to time by the AIT Academic Standards Board to qualify for transfer to the degree program.
- Holders of Teachers Certificate A with a minimum of 3-year qualification experience.
- HNC/HND Holders with Second Class Lower or better. The HNC/HND must be obtained in an equivalent or relevant subject area of the program the candidate is applying for. Qualified HNC holders will be admitted at Level 200 of the degree program and holders of HND will be admitted on a top-up program which starts at Level 300 of the degree program. For example, Level 200 for HNC or equivalent certificate holders and Level 300 for HND or equivalent certificate holders.
- Mature Students Applicants who are 25 years and above working or having worked for 3 years or more can apply as mature candidates. Mature candidates will be required to write a university entrance examination in three papers: General Mathematics, English and General Studies equivalent to Senior Secondary/High School level. Only candidates with a pass mark of 60% or above in each of these papers will be admitted.
Campus Based Undergraduate Fees Structure
|School||Program||Local Student||Foreign Student|
|ASDASS||Bachelors Degree in Computer Science||GHc 1,531.00||$1,308.00|
|SATES||Bachelors Degree in Engineering||Ghc 1,850.00||$1,573.00|
|ASDASS||CTech in Computer Science||Ghc 1,050.00||$758.00|
|ASDASS||Bachelor Degree in Information Technology||GHc 1,531.00||$1,308.00|
|ASDASS||CTech in Information Technology||Ghc 1,050.00||$758.00|
|ABS||Barchelor Degree in Business Administration||GHc 1,531.00||$1,308.00|
|ABS||CTech in Business Administration||Ghc 1,050.00||$758.00|
|SATES||CTech in Engineering||Ghc 1,250.00||$863.00|
|SATES||DTech In Engineering||Ghc1,330.00||$1,020.00|
|ABS||DTech In Business Administration||Ghc1,085.00||$855.00|
|ASDASS||DTech In Computer Science||Ghc1,085.00||$855.00|
|ASDASS||DTech In Information Technology||Ghc1,085.00||$855.00|
Important Admission Information available HERE:
- University Tower Seaview Campus, Weija
- P.O. Box AN-19782, Accra-North, Ghana.
- +233 302 913227, +233 302 786022, +233288181817, +233289181817
- Email: email@example.com